Table of Contents

Thursday, September 8, 2011

and so it begins

Well, after 20 hours of travel and a minor visa hiccup (who knew you needed a visa to get into Australia?), I have finally arrived in Sydney, and am writing from my temporary home, the FunkHouse.  Megan, don't get too excited, this place is a $#!*hole.  Someone forgot to tell me its the middle of winter here, so I've showed up without anything but t shirts and Dipped Tanks.  Luckily I've snagged a classy AUSTRALIA sweatshirt, and if not for my stunning accent, everyone would certainly know that I'm a tourist.

Kellock, I've been spoiled by having a professional photographer follow me around everywhere I go, and consequentially I forgot my camera today.  Fortunately, iPhones have adequate cameras (Dad, there's ONE MORE GREAT USE for the iphone.)  This thing is about 8 times more amazing than it looked in Finding Nemo, and if I can find a nice Aussie date (a true test of my accent), an Opera show may or may not be in my near future.  

Since I just watched the end of a Thursday night football game at 11 in the morning, I'm not completely sure what time it's supposed to be, but since I got here at 6:30 am, its been a pretty full day.  I don't want to spoil all the fun before the true Thailand Fantastic begins (3 amigos hurry up), but the blog had 100 views and not a single post, so it seemed like it was time to get this thing started.  The people have spoken. A short synopsis of the day, and then you can go back to enjoying paradise.

7/9 Itinerary
6:30 am- arrive at Sydney airport, eli, thank you for the pm's, trevor thanks for the advice on the bus ride ;) make sure to heed that yourself
8 am - walk into my hostel room, both roommates are sleeping, one sounds like a dying boar
10 am - took the train (there is no feeling like that of mastering another countries public transportation) to see the city 
2 pm - went back to the room, met one roommate, very french, I believe his name is Nu.  It's amazing how basically everyone in the world knows at least a few words of English.  The same cannot be said for Americans and other peoples languages.
3 pm - came to this internet cafe. There are 30 people here, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one not playing World of Warcraft.  Either that or the guy across from me actually has a friend named OrcSleigher69, and they are not on very good terms.

Travelling alone is a funny thing.  I get to do whatever I want, unless of course that's hang out with friends.  Living large, missing everyone, hope you're doing the same.

-Noah



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't know it was winter... fool! Keep on the keep my friend!

    -YK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do NOT get arrested.

    ReplyDelete