Table of Contents

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mind The Gap

Saw this guy writing something in the sky with an airplane, and I'm thinking, "What the hell is RUOK?"
Oooh, yea, I'm OK, thanks for asking.

...Anyways, its my second day in the land down under, and day numero dos of travelling alone.   Every time I see something really cool I turn around to go, "Woah, check this out," but there's no one there.  I may or may not have caught myself talking to myself today...

Started the day bright n early with a ferry ride to Watson's Bay.  Sydney has got to be one of the only cities where ferry rides are part of every day public transportation, and I'll take a ferry over a cab any day. "Ferries are here!" Watson's bay was just a fun filled place.  There were great views, great looking people, and of course, fish n chips.  
Everywhere you go you see couples taking turns taking individual pictures of each other in front of some really great view because they don't have a tripod or a professional photographer. So far I've offered four different couples to take their picture together.  Each has accepted, but none have offered to take my picture in front of that great view.  So for now all I have is empty landscape pics like the one above, and creepy MySpace pics that I've had to take of myself.  Hence... 
I'll spare you any more. (Notice the yellow sweatshirt, remember the trendy Australia I mentioned)

After the ferry ride I took a bus to Bondi Beach. I guess it would be cool if you surfed, or had friends to hang out with, or if it was sunny, but because I had not a single one of those things, I decided to trek on.  Took a hike through the Royal Botanical Gardens, basically a really big park, meh.  (Besides the fact that I saw a tree full of roughly 500 bats, but again, no one to share it with, and my camera couldn't really capture their true bat  essence.)  


It's amazing how much time can pass when you're listening to music, but how much you can get done in the day when you're flying solo.  Pretty much have been listening to a whole lot of this, mixed with a whole lot of this.  Hate on death cab if you will, this song is more grooving than you'd think, and when you're walking randomly for miles and miles, it's got a certain hop to your step vibe.  (Can I turn this blog into a Travel Narrative/Music Blog fusion?)  Eli, Carson and Trevor are sitting at home going "not on my watch greenberg."  And these are the conversations that play in your head when you're going on 48 hours without a real conversation.


Ended the day with a subway ride back the hostel.

Live Large, yours truly, Noah


4 comments:

  1. Come on man no more of these depressing posts. We're leaving today. Soon when you say "Woah, check this out" I'll be there to say "That's dope!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Death Cab x Whiz combo. Just might have to make that one a classic. And learn how to use a timer on ur camera so you can make people think that someone offered to take ur pic. Oh yeah, and go to a nude beach

    ReplyDelete