Table of Contents

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Give me a week...

ATTENTION: Due to the fact that no one has claimed the sweepstakes prize at 350, the sweepstakes number is being extended to page view # 425.  Post a screenshot of you being the 425th visitor and win a stunning Australia shot glass.
___________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile.....

I came to Sydney with 3 goals.  To see the opera house, to see a kangaroo, and to visit the Paddington Lawn Bowling Club, where a girl named Bene worked for a few months last year.  Bad news is, the lawn bowling club is ever elusive, sorry bout it.

Kangaroo, check!
The good news is... Noah went to the zoo, which means that this post will be mostly pictures. The zoo started with a ferry ride, which is by far the best way to get to a zoo.  After seeing the roo's, I passed on to another one of Australia's flagship species, and an animal that holds a lot of memories from my childhood... the tasmanian devil.  Unfortunately, it turns out tasmanian devils look absolutely nothing like Taz.  Four legs? Come on now Loony Tunes.


Then, in a fit of hysteria, as if it couldn't get any better, the Sydney Zoo did the unthinkable, they mixed kangaroos with Tasmanian devils.  Unfortunately, the outcome is not for the weak minded.  For a picture of what happens when these two creatures are mixed, check out the "pictures" section of the blog.

Next I moved on to some of these guys.  As soon as I saw the elephants, I told them, "Give me a week and I'll be riding one of you in Thailand!"  They were very excited.  When I said the same thing to a group of girls on the subway, I got a very different reaction.




It's night three in Sydney, and my solo journey is coming to a close.  10 am tomorrow I catch a flight to Bangkok to meet up with the 3 muskateers, and you finally get to hear from someone besides me talk about nothing and everything.





peace, love, and safe travels to the three muskateers.  and as reward for reading this whole post... here is a koala

1 comment: