Table of Contents

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The End of an Era

And so we've come full circle.  Trevor, Carson and Eli have left for the aiport, my solo flight's in about 5 hours, and I have been kicked out of the hotel.  If you've kept up with this blog regularly, we thank you, and if this is your first time reading... well I guess that's just your loss.

Before I go I'd like to give Thai Airways my full recommendation, they've got about 60 free movies on demand, games, comfy blankets, and airplane food that I'd be happy to order in a Thai restaurant.  They aren't paying me to say this (yet.) Over the past 3 weeks we've stayed in 7 hotels, 1 train, and 1 bus.  We've ridden (or been ridden by) monkeys and elephants, swam in the ocean, eaten, laughed, cried (at least that's what it looked like when trevor ate the spiciest dish alive), and possibly even learned something along the way.. (although that last one might be a stretch).

On our journey back west, we hope to bring home Eastern spices, knowledge and culture, much like our explorer predecessors of the 14th and 15th centuries.  We didn't get a chance to go to the Wish Lantern Festival, but that is something I'd like to try at home, so if your in for it, prep yourself for something amazing.  I think it could be quite a sight off of DP.

Thanks for reading, its been fun, but for some reason I think that seeing all of you in person will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment